Director of Catering and Special Events
This position is responsible for enhancing the overall member experience and ensuring member satisfaction at the Club. This is done through the facilitation and oversight of all social events at the Club and through the successful development and implementation of programs, projects and activities designed to maximize use of the Club by members and guests, and engage members in ways that create a meaningful bond to the Club.
This position acts as an important liaison between members, guests of the Club and Club staff. This liaison role promotes Club events, develops private event revenues and enhances the overall brand awareness of the Club.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills: verbally, written and proficient in leveraging current communication platforms to convey a positive brand image.
The ability to network effectively with vendors, and related industry professionals to develop a strong referral and support base for the banquet and event business of the Club.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities with a high degree of effectiveness. A detailed oriented professional.
Experience in catering and events planning and executive large scale events.
- Minimum three years of related experience in a relations or communications role within a Club, hospitality, and/or service industries; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a creative thinker with the ability to bring new and innovative ideas to the Club.
Commensurate with education and experience; outstanding benefits package.
Send Résumé to:
Jessie L. Hershey, SHRM-CP, PHR
Human Resources Manager
Lifeguards Needed for Summer
Sea Pines Country Club is currently hiring lifeguards beginning in April, to work through August. Lifeguard and CPR certification required. We offer competitive pay, a fun atmosphere, and a potential to earn additional money teaching swim lessons. Please fax your resume to (843) 671-4734, ATTN: Fitness and Aquatics Department, or e-mail jhershey@PFS-SC.com.
Full-time cooks needed with both ala carte and banquet experience. We are a private country club on the south end of Hilton Head Island, looking for a skilled individual to join our busy culinary team. 1-2 years experience or a culinary degree preferred. Hourly pay is $16.00.
We offer a beautiful place to work, competitive wages, health insurance, vacation and 401(k). Salary commensurates with skills and experience.
Please email resume to email@example.com or fax to (843) 987-4158 or apply in person at 30 Governors Road, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928.