Full-Time Equipment Operators
Sea Pines Country Club on Hilton Head Island is looking for full-time golf course equipment operators. We are a private country club on the south end of Hilton Head Island, looking for dedicated individuals to join our team.
Responsibilities includes walk mowing tees and greens, hand raking bunkers, operating trimmers, edgers, weed eaters and blowers. In addition other responsibilities include fly mowing lagoons and bunkers faces, edging curbing and cart paths the laying of pine straw in flower beds and other routine golf course maintenance practices.
- We are looking for a long term commitment from our future agronomy team members. The agronomy department at Sea Pines Country Club is committed to developing the right individuals that understand and thrive in a team work environment.
- The ideal candidate is one who is detailed oriented, energetic and has the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., handle physical work in the beautiful outdoors and the ability to walk long distances. These are the key characteristics necessary to be successful.
- This is an exciting opportunity for the individual who has the right attitude and personality. While no experience is necessary, we prefer 1-2 years of experience.
- Sea Pines Country Club has a diverse workforce and we offer a beautiful place to work, friendly staff, very competitive wages, excellent health insurance benefits, vacation and a matching 401(k) plan.
- We offer 50 paid passes for the Cross Island Expressway toll bridge per month and you will be eligible to participate in the Club’s holiday bonus program.
- Salary range of $11 - $13 per hour, commensurate with skills and experience
Please send your resume to Tom Metzger, Golf Course Superintendent, at email@example.com, call 843-384-4625, or apply in person at Sea Pines Country Club, 59 Club Course Drive, Hilton Head Island, SC.
2+ years culinary experience in upscale restaurants/country clubs and/or catering venues preferred. Must be well-rounded in various line cook positions and roles (prep, line, production, as well as steward, utility, receiver and good knife skills) and have a thorough understanding of proper cooking methods.
Sea Pines CC has a diverse workforce and we offer a beautiful place to work, friendly staff, very competitive wages, excellent health insurance benefits, vacation and a matching 401(k) plan.
We offer 50 passes for the Cross Island Expressway toll bridge per month for those living off-island and you will be eligible to participate in the Club's holiday bonus program.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (843) 987-4158, or apply in person at 30 Governors Road, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928.
We are seeking an experienced Sous Chef to assist the Executive Chef with daily functions of our restaurants and banquets. This position will prepare meats, seafood, vegetables and other items required for line and special function purposes. Must have a thorough understanding of restaurant compliance under DHEC regulations for South Carolina. This position will supervise kitchen staff in the absence of the Executive Chef, ensuring schedule compliance and standard production. Must be well-rounded in various line cook positions and roles (prep, line, production, a la carte, as well as steward, utility and receiver, good knife skills and know kitchen equipment maintenance). Culinary school education degree preferred and/or 3+ years of experience in upscale restaurants/country clubs and/or catering venues.
We offer a beautiful place to work, competitive wages, a friendly staff and a full-benefits package to include 401(k).
Please submit resume to email@example.com or apply in person at 30 Governors Road, Hilton Head Island.
Personal Trainer (Part-Time)
This person is responsible for providing quality personal training to club members and their guests. Provides one-on-one fitness instruction to members desiring a program tailored to their specific needs.
Essential functions include:
- Evaluates clients' physical fitness and keeps track of their progress
- Develops programs and selects exercises that provide the optimum results and includes activities the client enjoys
- Creates special rehabilitation programs for clients who have suffered athletic injuries
- Able to demonstrate the movements and exercises recommended
- Provides encouragement, motivation, and support for members and clients
- Greets members and ensures they sign in at the desk
- Completes necessary information each day for front desk to invoice personal training
- Answers Fitness Center's telephone, takes messages, and directs calls as needed
- Provides equipment usage instructions to Club members and personal training clients upon request. Makes necessary adjustments and answers questions about proper techniques and fitness
- Keeps up with equipment issues and communicates these to the Director of Fitness and Aquatics
- Periodically inspects locker rooms and cleans as necessary
- Picks up weights and equipment throughout the day in the workout room
- Monitors workout and group exercise room for potential accidents and problems
- Communicates any problems to the Director of Fitness and Aquatics or other appropriate staff member
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include:
- Knowledge of fitness equipment required.
- Able to perform fitness assessments and apply rehabilitation techniques
Must be certified in First Aid and CPR/AED
Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations
Must be a team player
Desired Education and Experience:
- A health- and fitness-focused undergraduate degree in Physical Education with a concentration or coursework in nutrition, or exercise physiology preferred.
Private club experience preferred. One to two years' experience as a personal trainer at a neighborhood gym, physical fitness or franchise operation.
Physical Requirements Needed:
Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 30 pounds. Workout area is often warm and humid. Locker rooms and showers are often slippery and wet. Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach, walk, stand, stoop, climb stairs, balance and /or crouch. Continuous repetitive motions. Physical exertion over long periods of time. Work in hot and humid environment. Regular Fitness conditioning and swimming required. Must often work in a wet, humid, and moderately noisy environment.
Licenses and Special Requirements:
- Must have certification from a recognized and accredited program such as that offered by the National Federation of Personal Trainers (NFPT), the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), or the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA). Other fitness certifications a plus.
- First Aid and CPR/AED certification
We offer a beautiful place to work, friendly staff and competitive wages. EOE. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Wendy Kelly, Director of Fitness and Aquatics, at firstname.lastname@example.org.