Personal Trainer (Part-Time)
This person is responsible for providing quality personal training to club members and their guests. Provides one-on-one fitness instruction to members desiring a program tailored to their specific needs.
Essential functions include:
- Evaluates clients' physical fitness and keeps track of their progress
- Develops programs and selects exercises that provide the optimum results and includes activities the client enjoys
- Creates special rehabilitation programs for clients who have suffered athletic injuries
- Able to demonstrate the movements and exercises recommended
- Provides encouragement, motivation, and support for members and clients
- Greets members and ensures they sign in at the desk
- Completes necessary information each day for front desk to invoice personal training
- Answers Fitness Center's telephone, takes messages, and directs calls as needed
- Provides equipment usage instructions to Club members and personal training clients upon request. Makes necessary adjustments and answers questions about proper techniques and fitness
- Keeps up with equipment issues and communicates these to the Director of Fitness and Aquatics
- Periodically inspects locker rooms and cleans as necessary
- Picks up weights and equipment throughout the day in the workout room
- Monitors workout and group exercise room for potential accidents and problems
- Communicates any problems to the Director of Fitness and Aquatics or other appropriate staff member
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include:
- Knowledge of fitness equipment required.
- Able to perform fitness assessments and apply rehabilitation techniques
- Must be certified in First Aid and CPR/AED
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations
- Must be a team player
Desired Education and Experience:
- A health- and fitness-focused undergraduate degree in Physical Education with a concentration or coursework in nutrition, or exercise physiology preferred.
- Private club experience preferred. One to two years' experience as a personal trainer at a neighborhood gym, physical fitness or franchise operation.
Physical Requirements Needed:
Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 30 pounds. Workout area is often warm and humid. Locker rooms and showers are often slippery and wet. Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach, walk, stand, stoop, climb stairs, balance and /or crouch. Continuous repetitive motions. Physical exertion over long periods of time. Work in hot and humid environment. Regular Fitness conditioning and swimming required. Must often work in a wet, humid, and moderately noisy environment.
Licenses and Special Requirements:
- Must have certification from a recognized and accredited program such as that offered by the National Federation of Personal Trainers (NFPT), the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), or the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA). Other fitness certifications a plus.
- First Aid and CPR/AED certification
We offer a beautiful place to work, friendly staff and competitive wages. EOE. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Wendy Kelly, Director of Fitness and Aquatics, at firstname.lastname@example.org.